Thursday, July 11, 2013

Scrap Your Story Childhood Challenge

Okay, this is seriously weird.....my first blog post for nearly two years and my first scrap page in a VERY LONG TIME. The last couple years have been tough for me (and my family) for various reasons and my scrapbooking just went out the window....BUT...finally I was ready and Mum and I scrapped yesterday and today....it wan't easy to begin with and I nearly gave up.....but I got two pages done - this is my second.

The challenge over at Scrap Your Story Challenges this week is nice and open - "Childhood".

I chose to do these photos of my daughter from nearly three years agao, it was so nice to have the memory down and I feel quite proud of my page, considering how long it's been!!

The best thing of all, I got to share scrapbooking with my Mum again. We yell at each other, laugh at each other, pinch each other's things, help each other and most importantly spend time doing something we both love again.....

So here is my entry:


Journalling reads:

These photos were actually taken the day after the A Men Hockey Team won the Grand Final.
It was the presentation and break up and you were still infatuated with the streamers!! God forbid no-one could tell you how to wear a head band properly!








And thanks to Mum (Leanne Kroschel) for getting me completely addicted to the goodies from The Trinket Track - I made her leave some because I know I will be looking for them to add to my next layout!! They are just perfect for those finishing touches, where you think, "Hmmm, it needs something there!!"

Thanks again Mum and The Trinket Track!!

TFL

Jxx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. Glad to see you feel like scrappin. Relish those fond memories. Give your mom a hug. Take care and I hope you scrap again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page! Great sequence of photos. Love the colors and details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page Jodie! Was Gemma ever that young? I really enjoyed myself and wasn't ready to go home....if you hadn't noticed! We will have to do this again soon and I can't believe I did 3 pages and you got 2 done...with the amount of talking we do!!
    Love Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came across your page at SYS, love it! your title work is so great. After reading your comments realized that I 'know' your mom from a new DT! Welcome back to the scrapbook world, I am also your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea! Mum is doing really great with her scrapping at the moment, I am really proud of her! Jxx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous page! The colors and motion here are amazing, I'm so glad that you could get back into scrapping. Thanks for joining in at Scrap Your Story this week, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us (and playing along) at Scrap Your Story! Hope to see you back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your page, the photos and details are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so neat! especially the colors. thanks for playing with us at SYS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your comments and I was chuffed to be picked in the top 3, it was quite a surprise, LOL!! Jxx

    ReplyDelete